Key Account Activation Manager - Savannah, GA
The Hive US
Our Goal is to hold interviews at the end of November/early December. You will need to be present in Savannah, GA for in-person interviews.
This position is based in Savannah, GA and the Key Account Manager will need to reside there. We will not assist with relocation.
The role of the Key Account Activation Manager is a hands-on position managing the promotional activity and execution of both the National and Local marketing programs for a high-profile spirits beverage company, Brown-Forman. The position also includes strategic event planning and execution, on-premise account management, conducting wait staff trainings, and being a brand builder in their market. Additionally, this exciting role includes interaction with the local distributor to facilitate target account programs and provide excellent communication to all parties to ensure effective account management and successful consumer engagement.
- Accept and embrace Hive and Brown-Forman corporate philosophies.
- Effectively communicates to appropriate parties and managers.
- Clearly exhibit ideas and thoughts both orally and in written form.
- Use appropriate communication methods.
- Assist and support coworkers, work cooperatively in groups, and actively resolve conflicts through tact, consideration, and a spirit of teamwork and leadership.
- Meet all commitments and deadlines and respond promptly to Brown-Forman needs.
- Set expectations and monitor delegated activities and provide recognition for results.
- Exhibit sound judgment and be able to support and explain reasoning behind decisions.
- Understand and communicate the essence of Brown-Forman brands through the execution of all program events within the respective market
- As a team member, work with Brown-Forman, key local distributor representatives, and key account contacts in the management and execution of promotional brand objectives in the Multicultural and General Markets.
- Understand the full history and all brand related facts for all promotable brands. Be the Expert!
- Work closely with the local Brown-Forman managers to ensure all expectations are aligned, programs executed and resources used effectively and fully leveraged.
- Knowledge of market’s target venue universe.
- Understand entertainment trends among target demographics.
- Develop appropriate venue mix for optimum program execution.
- Continual research and reporting of competitive mix / information and events.
- Effective and efficient targeted event scheduling.
- Qualitative and quantitative event performance measures and analysis.
- Set measurable market objectives and goals.
Job Details include but are not limited to:
- On-Premise Promotions management within a diverse account universe including, but not limited to, the African American, Multicultural/Hispanic, General, and LGBT Market(s).
- Execution of On-Premise promotions, special events, and BF Programs
- Comprehensive brand portfolio knowledge, execute brand trainings.
- Schedule promotions / events at target accounts in conjunction with distributor management and sales reps.
- Communicate event calendar to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for coordinating merchandise and point-of-sale for assigned promotions.
- Plan and execute promotions / brand events in accordance to guidelines.
- Recap promotions / events to all parties within a timely manner.
- Successful planning, ideation and execution of special events, trade events, sponsorship, and partnership activations.
- Thorough program and event analysis in a timely manner.
- Work closely with distributor/agency partner to communicate promotional allocation, brand expectations, and ensure correct consumer and trade engagement.
- Communication of competitive activities on a monthly and as needed basis with all stakeholders.
- The potential to recruit, hire, and train a promotional team.
Account Sales: On-Premise
- Manage client’s promotions and brands in the On-Premise Key Accounts
- Develop and grow relationships with target accounts in Savannah and the surrounding cities.
- Understand and achieve the target consumer and annual promotional programs in key accounts.
- Conduct bartender and wait staff trainings and seminars.
- Understand the importance of merchandising and seek opportunities for brand presence in the market.
- Obtaining drink specials and menu features in all key accounts.
- Develop opportunities for bartender loyalty programs.
- Consistently communicate and provide weekly recaps of account visits / activity.
- Manage administrative responsibilities including model payroll, promotional recaps, and monthly reporting showcasing local market activity.
- Build long-term brand presence while building long-term account relationships.
- Manage resources strictly by understanding each program budget and executing within guidelines.
- Understand sponsorship opportunities and communicate values, as well as, return on investment to client.
- Manage POS inventory and market assets.
- Maintain and track local expense reporting and trackers for both Operational Budgets, as well as, Field Execution Budgets.
- College Degree preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- 2+ years industry experience in the spirits industry market and passion for spirits
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; excellent training and media handling skills.
- Can work with On-Premise leader accounts.
- Organized, ambitious, self-starter, outgoing, charismatic personality, independent but also a team player.
- In-depth understanding of target consumer and On-Premise accounts.
- Adept at selling and interacting with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work non-traditional work hours is required (holidays, nights and weekends).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift 35lbs+; this is an event market and moving set-up items can be strenuous.
- Extensive drive time within the respective market will be required (and some outside travel to surrounding cities); therefore, reliable transportation is a must – SUV preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
The Hive US
The Hive Strategic Marketing Inc. (HSM) is one of the largest and longest standing independent, full-service, creative advertising, and strategic marketing agencies based in Toronto, Canada. Our clients include Coca-Cola, Pro-Line, Vitamin Water, Peroni Italy, Mondelez International, Telefilm Canada, Ontario Lottery and Gaming, and Brown-Forman. We believe in inventing what’s right: right for the client, the consumer, and, whenever possible, right for the world.
Recognizing the emergence of a new communication model based on brand conversations, we’ve focused primarily on developing the relationships between our clients’ brands and consumers’ core human values; values that transcend geography, demographics and culture.
College Degree preferred.
Must have a clean driving record.
2+ years industry experience in the spirits industry market and passion for spirits
Fluent in English
Excellent communication and presentation skills; excellent training and media handling skills.
Can work with On-Premise leader accounts.
Organized, ambitious, self-starter, outgoing, charismatic personality, independent but also a team player.
In-depth understanding of target consumer and On-Premise accounts.
Adept at selling and interacting with diverse groups of people.
Ability to work non-traditional work hours is required (holidays, nights and weekends).
Ability to work independently.
Ability to lift 35lbs+; this is an event market and moving set-up items can be strenuous.
Extensive drive time within the respective market will be required (and some outside travel to surrounding cities); therefore, reliable transportation is a must – SUV preferred.
Posted On: 11/12/2018
Position: On Premise Market Manager