Wine and Spirits Sales Associate
Empire State of Wine
New York, NY
A Wine & Spirits store in Chelsea/Flat Iron is seeking an experienced wine salesperson. We have a very comprehensive and eclectic selection of wines and spirits. So the applicant should have a friendly manner and be able to sell both inexpensive wines and fine wine or artisanal spirits as well.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Greeting customers.
• Assisting customers with their purchase using a friendly demeanor and knowledge.
• Being able to sell for food-wine pairings.
• Maintaining the retail area.
• Taking phone orders; sell to the caller and arrange for delivery.
• Processing delivery orders from the various apps that use us (we'll teach you how to use the apps).
• Using the POS to facilitate deliveries, restocking and answering customer inquiries.
• Assisting with setup of weekly tastings.
The Applicant must be able to lift 40lbs and have serious wine knowledge. Old world and new world. NO wine snobs.
ONLY RESPONDENTS WITH WINE SALES EXPERIENCE IN THEIR RESUME WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Aside from looking for someone with very good wine knowledge and sales experience, we are looking for someone who is responsible and will pay attention to the store. There is room for growth within the organization.
Posted On: 4/3/2019