Key Account Specialist
The Boston Beer Company
We are currently looking for a Key Account Specialist in Los Angeles, CA.
The Key Accounts Specialist (KAS) manages account calls and maintenance for all “key” accounts in Los Angeles, CA. The KAS’ primary responsibility is securing distribution, feature programs, and implementing region initiatives with key on and off premise buying groups in the area.
What You’ll Do:
Market Management and Development: Achieve sales goals & objectives in core and non-core accounts by:
• Using Boston Beer Company (BBC) systems to organize and pre-plan accounts to achieve market objectives.
• Utilizing monthly reports to identify and address what is generating positive or negative trends and implementing plans where appropriate to improve.
• Maintaining and increasing availability and visibility of the BBC portfolio.
• Implementing long term account planning.
• Hunting for new business by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for incremental volume.
• Working with local team and Brand Development Marketing team to develop market specific initiatives
• Maintaining professional business. relationships with accounts to include: ownership, management, and appropriate staff while selling to core accounts a min of 1 time per month
• Building and maintaining professional business relationships with applicable wholesaler personnel
Selling and Negotiating: Must know and be able to practice the Boston Beer Company selling process and selling skills to include:
• Sales call procedures, process, and selling skills.
• Understanding and practicing bracketing, concession management and negotiation.
• Establishing goals, creating a selling story, anticipating and handling objections.
• Executing on merchandising standards.
• Portfolio selling.
• Multi-unit distribution and programming (local chains).
Knowledge: Must be current and fluent in:
• Brand styles, brand priorities, national programs and brand strategy
• Romancing all products to include style, ingredients and pairings
• Brewing process, beer history
• Beer industry trends and current market trends
• Local market chains and buying groups
• Distributor structure, distributor portfolio and key distributor personnel where applicable.
• Knowledge of competitive brands and pricing.
Merchandising: Supports brands through:
• Executing point-of-sale programs at retail to standard.
• Maintaining proper brand positioning to standard
• Delegating to appropriate wholesaler team
• Executing BBC freshness standards.
• Create and execute impactful promotions at on and off Premise locations
• Create programs/promotions and implements across multiple accounts (multi-unit account)
Wholesaler(s): Begin getting involved with wholesaler programming/execution by:
• Meeting with mid-level management to discuss/implement programming execution
• Managing national and local programming to include point-of-sale ordering/execution.
• Effectively communicates externally and internally in a timely and professional manner
• Create and deliver creative and impactful wholesaler(s) and retailer(s) presentations
Administration: Deliver all administrative tasks by deadlines
Submit sales call recaps within 48 hours
Budget Management: Must stay within all allocated budgets
What We’re Looking For:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 1-3 years of sales and/or food/beverage industry experience
• Must be able to lift weight equivalent to one case of beer
• 10-15% travel
• Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed
• Willingness to relocate for future opportunities
• Valid driver's license.
Apply on Company Website:
Posted On: 6/15/2018