Brand Director, Chivas, Gins, High End Irish
Pernod Ricard USA
As Brand Director, the individual in this role would act as the day-to-day owner-operator of the Chivas brand, Gins (Beefeater and Seagram’s) and High End Irish brands (primarily Redbreast whiskey) in the US. Chivas is the leading super-premium blended Scotch in the world and the mission is to restore it to its rightful place as a relevant and iconic brand in the US market, redrawing the battle lines in the category and recruiting new consumers from outside the immediate category. This role will also have responsibilities for Royal Salute. The Gin & High End Irish categories have massive opportunity in the US that this individual will be unlocking. Redbreast is the spearhead if the Pernod Ricard High End Irish category offerings, as it is the most awarded single malt Irish whiskey in the world.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Strategic Planning: Own and deliver the annual operating plan. Lead the development of breakthrough consumer and customer programs, which will include an arsenal of assets and trade facing programs.
• Entrepreneurial Mindset: Develop, deliver, and iterate plans continuously with a resourceful, obsessive, and fearless mindset.
• Agile: Results-orientation and ability to operate with agility to run with test and learn approach.
• Innovation: Lead innovation development in conjunction with brand company.
• Collaboration & Integration: Lead a cross functional and agency working team, which includes but is not limited to the global brand companies, agencies, field marketing, sales, consumer insights, and other business departments fostering and building a strong multi-functional team. Collaboration, alignment, and influence with multiple stakeholders is a key to success.
• Competitive Analysis and Implications: Assist with the development of the Strategic Brand Review by analyzing category opportunities, identifying key consumer targets, innovation opportunities, and activation strategies.
• Training and People Development: Leverage the capabilities of a larger team (immediate brand team, cross functional teams, and agencies).
Nature & Scope: Position typically works with members of the central marketing department, divisional marketing, sales management, agency personnel, as well as various vendor and provider representatives.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing; Master’s in business or marketing preferred.
• Proficiency in MS-Office.
Experience / Background:
• Must be familiar with US three-tier system and have local market/commercial experience
• Between 10-12 years business/marketing exp, with 8+ years of brand management experience preferably with consumer goods company working on culturally iconic brands.
• Must have managed a team.
• A familiarity and an appreciation for the commercial aspects of the business is required.
• Beverage Alcohol industry experience a plus.
• Solid experience in strategy/brand development, including brand positioning and brand building activities.
• Strong leadership/management skills.
• Strong financial / business acumen.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as outstanding aptitude for time management.
• Thoroughness, creativity, interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills as well as proficiencies in problem solving, and the ability to multitask are requirements.
• People skills are a must.
Travel Requirements: Approximately 25% travel to field locations and/or activations, experiential events, etc.
Apply on Company Website:
Posted On: 6/6/2018