Business Development Specialist
Halewood Wines & Spirits
Halewood Wines & Spirits has grown from a small a start-up, to becoming the UK’s largest independent drinks manufacturer and distributor by volume. In the last three years, the company has embarked upon a huge transformational change. Investment in production capability, especially distilling, brewing and sourcing, has stimulated development of higher quality products with a point of difference.
The company’s mission is to be a lead incubator of brands with each demonstrating strong provenance, heritage and dedication to quality. The Halewood portfolio consists of several award-winning spirits and beers, including its flagship Whitley Neill Gin that is the best-selling premium gin in the U.K., Pogues Irish Whiskey, Gelston’s Irish Single Malt Whiskey, Marylebone Gin, Hawkshead Beer and Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer.
In addition to the UK, the company has a fast growing international business. Its products are present in over 100 countries around the world. The company has offices and operates its own distribution network in USA, South Africa, China, Thailand, the Republic of Ireland and Romania.
The Business Development Specialist will be the dedicated brand expert focused on growing the Halewood brands in the designated territory. Role is to increase visibility and brand awareness among consumers, as well as develop established and potential trade within off and on premise. This position will be working closely with our import partners and their teams within the corresponding markets.
We are looking for an energetic professional with an entrepreneurship mind-set that can embody the brand image and values and have previous experience in Wines & Spirits brand ambassadorship, bartending, F&B management, events, promotions or working in spirits retail accounts.
- Visit key retail locations regularly to ensure proper distribution, merchandising compliance, pricing accuracy, promotional participation, monitor competitive activity and general retail/market conditions for the brand
- Regularly attend and/or coordinate selected on and off premise promotional events
- Report to management information compiled at store level and make recommendations to improve sales, merchandising, competitive positioning or other suggestions to enhance the brand growth in that market
- Train and mentor local account staff on brand
- Develop and leverage a network of local bartenders and trade members through digital and social media and collaborate with the marketing team to develop promotional materials and social media plans directly targeted at the bartender community
- Manage sales-driven activations and product launches in designated territory
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Passionate, self-motivated, creative, responsible
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Detail oriented and good time management skills
- Have a general understanding of various spirits categories
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Travel as needed
- Spanish is a plus
- Great with people - from bartenders, to retailers, to distributors, to consumers
- Appreciated previous titles: Brand Ambassador, Brand Development Specialist, Brand Development Manager, Brand Representative
Posted On: 9/11/2019
Industry: Sales General
Position: Sales Representative