Amaro Spirits & Wine
Boutique wine and spirits shop located in the heart of Park Slope, Brooklyn, seeks a passionate, dynamic Team Leader to collaborate with the owner to develop and lead the store's staff.
As Team Leader, you will assist in running the store, gaining a deep understanding of our operational protocols and standards. You will lead by example, ensuring the store's staff is working to expand their knowledge of wine and spirits, while at the same time being accountable for procedures and organization that keep the store running efficiently. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and a natural ability to think creatively about ways to grow the business. If successful, this role is intended to evolve into a salaried Manager/Buyer role.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Engage with customers, assisting in locating items, answering questions and making recommendations for specific wines and spirits.
• Maintain the overall appearance of the store; ensure product levels are sustained and products are well-merchandised in innovative and eye-appealing displays
• Schedule (with distributors), and facilitate, in-store tasting events for customers, but also liaise with distributors to sample (taste) potential new products to add to inventory
• Be an ally to the shop’s hands-on Owner in executing essential functions such as hiring, scheduling, inventory, training, and managing expenses
• Expertise in, and knowledge of, the wine industry, wine production, and varietals from around the world with at least a basic knowledge of food and wine pairing.
• 3 or more years of customer service experience, preferably in a food retail, grocery, restaurant, retail or liquor store setting
• Proficient in Windows based software and the Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to carry 45 lb boxes up and down narrow flight of stairs
• Experience leading a team and working in a wine/liquor store
• Experience building a retail business through creative marketing
• Experience using Square point of sale system a plus
• Must like dogs (our store mascot is our most popular unpaid employee)
We are considered an Essential Business during this time, so we are operating at full capacity hours. We are open 11am-9pm on weekdays, 11am-8pm on Saturday, and 1pm-7pm on Sundays. Shifts are from 6-8 hours. As Team Leader, you would work no more than 5 days a week (2 days off): We believe in work-life balance. And if you are eventually promoted to Manager/Buyer (preferably before the busy holiday season), you will have paid vacation along with a competitive salary. We do not yet have health insurance, but we are investigating options.
Interviews will be conducted through Phone and In-Person. If we advance past the phone interview, you should come to the in-person interview prepared to give us the contact information of least two professional references (three is preferred), one of which must be someone to whom you reported.
ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH RESUMES WILL BE CONSIDERED!
Posted On: 6/5/2020
Position: Team Leader