The Logistics Director is responsible for ensuring the logistics and/or associated resources successfully manage the timely, efficient and cost effective transfer of brand goods.
The ideal candidate will be successful through the use of problem solving, vendor management, and analytical skills. Success as a Logistics Director requires good oral and written communication skills, leadership traits, organization, time-management skills, an ability to interpret financial data and estimate costs, and a willingness to be on call at any time to resolve an urgent business need. Bi-lingual candidate is a preference. Considering candidates located in Monterrey, MX and New York.
- Negotiate and secure transportation capacity to serve the needs of the brand with capacity, pricing, and proactively drive efficiencies
- Be the lead in managing the key vendors Park Street, Sales team and distributors, ensuring that all KPI’s, reporting and commitments are met
- Create agility through the supply chain by brainstorming, creating, and executing new logistics networks, ways of working and/or policies to support brand inventory strategy
- Look for strategic opportunities to leverage logistics network to drive efficiencies through data analytics
- Create and manage policies or procedures for logistics activities
- Assist, advise, and participate on all logistical portions of the supplier chain
- Elevate Logistics role in the organization through driving business value and collaboration with other departments
- Procurement/vendor management - ensuring that we have the right people and the best prices in place for our supply chain, recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, carrier selection, or frequency. Full supply chain management of all vendors from cultivation to retail.
- Emergency management - develop relationships such that any supply chain shocks/delays can be dealt with in an efficient manner
Transportation/deliveries within the Mexican interior - working with PKGD, Finance and Business Development alongside demand forecasts, to plan, prepare and execute orders:
- Bottle order
- Front/back label, bottle cap, shipper, shipper separator order
- Bottle painting (Mezcal)
- Work with distillers for filling and bottle completion
- Raw materials inventory management (bottles, labels, caps, liquid, etc)
- Transportation/ delivery of all these items to the right places at the appropriate time
- Develop and implement production plans and coordinate timelines for new products in
Procurement and importation of finished goods:
- Manage cost of goods; establishes and directs a cost reduction program aimed at lowering overall purchased goods costs
- Work with distillers to coordinate shipments
- Work with importer of record to clear and receive shipments
- Plan out where shipments need to be sent
- manage all lead times for consistent long-term supply of goods
- Coordinate logistics
- Inventory management of finished goods
- Sourcing and procurement of raw materials and components for existing and new brands.
- Develop and implement production plans and coordinate timelines for new products
- Partnership with marketing and finance teams; align all functions in the transition of new product concepts to finished goods inventory ready for sale.
- Work with Finance, Business Development and CEO to optimize the efficiency and cost of the supply chain, where possible (e.g. does it make sense to store finished goods in Mexico, until the week before they are required in the US to save on US warehousing costs)
- Negotiates major purchase and manufacturing contracts
- Lead weekly production calls.
- Periodically visits major vendors to discuss issues/concerns and to maintain good working relationships.
- Manage the relationship with our partners.
- Ensure optimal inventory levels are always maintained avoiding out of stocks and over stock.
- Constantly work on SKU rationalization for the company.
- Issue close out and excess stock level reports to the sales and management team on a weekly basis.
- Manage and lead the company's physical counts and reconciliations at least twice a year.
- Manage relationships with company's freight partners.
- Optimize company opportunities between distributor pickup and delivered freight.
- Lead the implementation of a demand planning process to manage the life cycle and improve forecast accuracy of our trademark
- Facilitate a collaborative consensus-based approach with sales, marketing and finance for the demand plan.
- Review the sales forecast for the company and use that forecast to create a procurement and production plan. Manage, control and deliver the plan.
- Prepares an annual budget and plans to support the company with purchasing services.
- Develops, implements and enforces all operational policies and guidelines.
- Bilingual Preferred
- Education Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or alike; Graduate Degree Preferred (MBA, MS or equivalent curriculum) Note: Sufficient and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements.
- 5+ years of Supply Chain/Logistics experience is required
- Sound ability to interpret financial data
- 3+ years of managing a team is preferred
- Knowledge of: Ocean Freight, Import /Export, Drayage, Intermodal Shipping, Over the Road Trucking, Custom and Border Protection, Safety, Compliance, Geography , Rate Structure Formatting, Invoice Processing is preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required (Outlook, Excel, Access or alike)
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously is required
- Proven ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a variety of internal/external customers is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong ability to forecast
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements + policies
- Must be a team player
- Nimble thinker
- Possess a solid, flexible workability, exhibit a positive problem-solving attitude and no ego, with a sense of team and desire to function well in a fast-paced, high pressure work environment is critical to success at the brand.
- This is a salaried position, and the critical nature of this job may require extended hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Domestic & international travel; approximately 35%
Posted On: 10/15/2020
Industry: Wine & Spirits
Position: Logistics Director